Gucci's drab signature prints leave me a bit cold, but when the fashion house forgets about spruiking its brand it's capable of producing some interesting accessories. The Galaxy is one such purse.
It may not be as cutting edge as its space-aged name suggests, but that only works in the Galaxy's favor. It's firmly rooted in the contemporary fashion world, with its lush slouchy leather in basic black. I love the way the buttery Italian leather falls just so in soft pleats.
The luxe material is complemented by plexiglass chains and handles, which while not very forgiving, look fab. If you've got a big day ahead of you though, I'd attach the much more comfortable leather strap. This helps to convert the satchel into a much easier to manage shoulder bag.
The interior isn't so easy to manage though. A zippered pocket and two slip pouches might keep your average tote organized, but they're not enough for a satchel of this size. The simple design might work if you intend to use this satchel as an overnight bag, but it's not very practical as an everyday accessory.
That's my biggest problem with this bag. I might be willing to part with the $2995 Gucci's asking if I could carry this satchel every day, but that price is far too high for occasional use.
More Features of This Gucci Black Leather Satchel
- Top zip closure
- Logo print lined interior
- Dual handles with a 5 inch drop
- Measures 22 x 7 x 10 inches
- Made in Italy
Get this Gucci Galaxy Handbag:
- Available to buy at Designer Shoe Warehouse
- Check the Syb's Trendy Shop eBay store to see if this Gucci bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Gucci bags on BagBunch
- The Zac Posen Sharpei bag, a great alternative to this leather bag.
- Searching for more Gucci bags on eBay
- Other Gucci Galaxy bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.