With its lack of frills and bows this Frye cross-body has a masculine appeal. But while it may look a little tough, Frye assures us it's a big softie!
OK, perhaps Frye christened this bag for its buttery weathered leather rather than its demeanor. But either way, it's working for me. Its slouchy profile is perfect for showing off the leather's quality, and the lace threaded flap has real character. It looks like it's just stepped out of the 70s, which actually makes it surprisingly on trend.
Staying organized should be a breeze with two large interior pockets complementing the generous one on the back. I always love a back pocket as it gets a bit of security nestled up against your body. I appreciate the strap's length, but I think it’s far too narrow. The Softie isn't very big so it shouldn't pull at our shoulder too much, but something more substantial will always be more comfortable to carry. Pairing a magnetic snap and a drawstring seems like overkill, but at least security isn't a concern.
I haven't always been taupe's biggest fan but I love the way the shade allows the Softie's features to shine. They get a bit lost in the black bag, although this neutral is always a classic choice. And if that doesn't float your boat, Frye also offers this cross-body in cognac brown.
More Features of This Frye Leather Cross-Body
- Striped fabric lining
- An adjustable strap with a 22 to 25 inch drop
- Measures 10 x 7 x 2 inches
- Made in China
Get this Frye Softie Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Check the Bluefly eBay store to see if this Frye bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Frye bags on BagBunch
- The Frye Cindy cross-body bag, a great alternative to this cross-body bag.
- Searching for more Frye bags on eBay
- Other Frye cross-body bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.