Frye's usual Americana style gets a modern city makeover with this Cameron Cross-Body Bag.
I really appreciate that Frye's reined in its signature look here. There are none of those usual country and western accents that often make Frye's purses seem like novelties. This new urban image may not appeal to the line's faithful fans, but it should attract a few folks that have never paid attention to the label's designs.
The Cameron is so well made, with plush buttery leather and superior craftsmanship. But that's not likely to be enough to sway pack rats. It's quite petite, and probably too small to hold a large wallet, a hard glasses case, and other items many deem to be essentials without it becoming cramped. It's also packed with pockets, which cut in to our storage space.
While the small dimensions may turn some people off, they're ideal for the Cameron's convertible design. Any larger and it'd become unmanageable in clutch mode. We need to make some compromises for versatility, and I think Frye's struck the right balance here.
If it were more expensive we may have a right to expect perfection, but I think Frye's offering real value for $298.
More Features of This Frye Convertible Cross-Body Bag
- Top zip closure
- Fully lined in brown fabric
- An exterior slip pocket
- An attachable strap with a 19 to 21.5 inch drop
- Measures 11 x 7 x 2.5 inches
- Made in China
Get this Frye Cameron Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Check the Marcy's Mall eBay store to see if this Frye bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Frye bags on BagBunch
- The Frye Cameron Magazine Cross-Body bag, a large alternative to this small bag.
- Searching for more Frye bags on eBay
- Other clutch cross-body bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.