Bright yellow canvas brings some zing to this Spicy Sac from Dooney & Bourke.
This cheery fabric helps make this traditional bucket style bag seem much more interesting. Unfortunately it's let down though by its leather trim. While the cowhide is luxurious, its color is really insipid. The vibrant yellow deserved a much stronger partner, perhaps a chocolate brown or even a navy blue. The tassels on the zips also seem a bit unnecessary, but they don't offend me as much as that bland leather. Who would have thought canvas would outshine the more luxurious skin?
This Sac is well designed though, with plenty of space for everything you'll need on any outing. The front pocket gives us space for stashing the items we need on hand, while the generous main compartment takes care of the rest. I also appreciate the metal feet, which will protect the base from the ravages of time. The handle is a shade too short for my liking, but it's also not completely impractical.
This is a sweet little purse, and one that's relatively affordable at $228. However I can't help thinking about the ways it could have been better. There's a place for sweet, but this handbag had the potential to be something much greater.
More Features of This Dooney & Bourke Quilted Shoulder Bag
- Top zip closure
- A zip pocket, slip pocket, and key fob inside
- A single strap with a 6 inch drop
- Measures 14 x 6 x 10.5 inches
Get this Dooney & Bourke Spicy Handbag:
- Available to buy at Zappos
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check The Supreme Shopper eBay store to see if this Dooney & Bourke bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Dooney & Bourke bags on BagBunch
- The Dooney & Bourke Spicy satchel bag, a great alternative to this quilted bag.
- Searching for more Dooney & Bourke bags on eBay