Cole Haan infuses the style of the satchel with the smart soul of a tote with its Village Eden bag.
Cole Haan calls is a tote, but the familiar east-west styling seems much more in keeping with satchel bags. The classic satchel silhouette, with its smooth curves and long rolled handles, is embellished with deep stitching and a gentle pebbled finish.
The Village Eden's well designed interior lives up to its tote tag though. The full length slip pocket is perfect for stowing the items you need on hand, while the generously sized main compartment can keep other items securely stashed. The Village Eden looks best carried by the rolled handles, but on a busy day it's worth sacrificing a bit of style and attaching the cross-body strap. The Village Eden doesn't appear quite as poised in this mode, but the hands-free convenience makes up for any fashion shortcomings.
Cole Haan offers a few color choices, but in my opinion none look quite as smart as this basic black version. The gold one is a bit gaudy, while the sandlewood shade is so unusual that I'm not sure what it would work with. No matter what color you pick you'll enjoy its low $378 price tag. That's not a lot to spend on a bag destined to become a wardrobe staple.
More Features of This Cole Haan Leather Tote
- Dual handles with an 8 inch drop
- An attachable, adjustable strap with a 15-17.5 inch drop
- Measures 4 x 16.5 x 11.5 inches
Get this Cole Haan Village Eden Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock in some colors)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Insane Deals on the Web eBay store to see if this Cole Haan bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Cole Haan bags on BagBunch
- The Cole Haan Thompson Street Eden bag, a croc-embossed alternative to this leather bag.
- Searching for more Cole Haan bags on eBay