A classic satchel shape in a black color doesn't sound too exciting, does it? But Cole Haan shows us the potential in these traditional elements with this Jade satchel.
The Jade has been a staple of the Cole Haan line for years. But it's never turned my head, until now. The secret is that Capetown treatment, an intriguing black on black leopard print which covers the satchel's soft nubuck finish. Nubuck is strangely underutilized in the handbag world, and I'm thrilled to see it here. It's got that alluring luxury of suede, but it's much more durable.
Not that Cole Haan's leaving anything to chance. The flat platform base is made from patent leather rather than this softer skin, and equipped with metal feet to prevent scratches.
The moody leopard print makes this Jade feel exotic, but underneath the surface it really is a classic satchel. Its main compartment is mid-sized and well organized with an array of pockets for everyday use. The rolled straps are a little shorter than I'd like, but with a much longer cross-body strap also on hand I don't feel ripped off.
This Capetown Jade satchel makes an impression much larger than its small $348 price tag would suggest. Has it made its mark on you?
More Features of This Cole Haan Leopard Print Satchel
- Polished nickel hardware
- Zip closure
- Canvas lined interior
- Dual shoulder straps with a 7 inch drop
- An adjustable, removable strap with a 22.5 inch drop
- Measures 13 x 8.5 x 7.75 inches
Get this Cole Haan Capetown Jade Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Check the Brands Palace eBay store to see if this Cole Haan bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Cole Haan bags on BagBunch
- The Coach Haan Tantivy Haircalf Jade bag, a classic alternative to this leopard print bag.
- Searching for more Cole Haan bags on eBay
- Other Cole Haan Capetown bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.