Big Buddha reminds us that fashion-forward accessories don't need to cost the earth with this Maya hobo handbag
The woven finish of this bag is really striking. Big Buddha hasn't tried to replicate the looks of weave masters like Bottega Veneta. Instead it's gone out on its own, weaving cord through the synthetic to create a tribal inspired diamond pattern. It's lovely, but sadly it's only featured on the front of this bag. Big Buddha tends to shortchange us this way so often I'm almost used to it, but that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.
Synthetic has a reputation for being an inferior leather substitute, but that's not always warranted. This one is as thick and soft as genuine leather; it just costs a fraction of the price. With its pebbled finish, don't be surprised if people mistake it for the real thing.
The Maya is generously sized, but it's got some special features which make sure it doesn't feel unmanageable. A long zippered pocket runs down the center of the hobo, dividing the interior into three user-friendly sections. There's also a longer strap ready to assist when you've got a distance to travel.
Big Buddha offers us a few color options, although they're not all successful. The gold one is eye-catching, but a bit gaudy for my taste. The black bag is safe, but also a bit boring. Personally I think the pale gray one is the pick here; it's neutral but also not predictable. It's a relative bargain too by designer standards at just $109.95.
More Features of This Big Buddha Woven Hobo
- Brass-toned hardware
- Zip top closure
- Cotton lined interior
- A single handle with an 8 inch drop
- A detachable strap with a 20 inch drop
- Measures 11 x 18.5 x 7 inches
- Made in China
Get this Big Buddha Maya Handbag:
- Available to buy at Endless (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Embrace U eBay store to see if this Big Buddha bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Big Buddha bags on BagBunch
- The Big Buddha Taylor shoulder bag, a great alternative to this woven bag.
- Searching for more Big Buddha bags on eBay